Friday, August 31, 2012

Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas


For the most part, these are really just kevinandamanda.com's Creamy Chicken Enchiladas. This recipe is seriously one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth. I have no other words. These are that good.


Step One: Make Perfect Chicken.













Step Two: Shred Perfect Chicken. You can learn about the easy way by clicking here.  
Step Three: In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.










Step Four: Add drained Rotel. Cook until most of the moisture has evaporated out.   








Step Five: Add cream cheese (FYI: This step alone is enough to make me want to make and to eat this recipe over and over)... 









...and shredded chicken...










...and stir constantly until the cream cheese is all melted and deliciously incorporated. This mixture will be your enchilada filling. 
 






Here's a picture of the "set up." Really, if I had any sense, the tortillas would be in the middle. The filling would still be on the far left and the casserole dish would be on the far right. The monterey jack and the cream would still be ready and waiting in the background.  





Step Six: Put 2 - 3 tablespoons of the chicken filling mixture down the center of a tortilla and then roll it up. 








Just in case you need help rolling up enchiladas, here is a tutorial. Fold the bottom part up...









...and continue rolling toward the opposite end.  










As you finish rolling up enchiladas, put them in a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish. I just spray mine with cooking spray. 
 








Step Seven: Top with monterey jack cheese. (FYI: I accidentally used mozzarella in this photo tutorial. The enchiladas were still great, but the monterey jack is sooo much better.) 








Step Eight: Evenly drizzle an entire pint of cream over the top.
 
Yes, you read right - an entire pint. This recipe can't be bad. Chicken, cream cheese, monterey jack, cream. What else could anyone want?






Before you cover it to put it in the oven, it will look like this. I just thought you should know. 









Step Nine: Cover, and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.   









Step Ten: Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes. 










When they are done, they come out all bubbly and creamy and cheesy...and oh so good. 










Yum.
Check out the inside. Cheesy creamy chickenness. This may be the definition of happiness. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
Click here for printable version
1 1/2 - 2 lb. Perfect Chicken, shredded
1 T. butter
1 can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies
, drained
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, cut into cubes
8 8" flour tortillas
2 c. Monterey Jack cheese
, shredded
1 pt. whipping cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add Rotel and saute about one minute. Stir in cream cheese and chicken, and continue stirring constantly until the cream cheese is melted and well incorporated.
 
Spoon 2-3 T. of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down  in a 9 x 13 casserole dish that has been greased with cooking spray. Top with Monterey Jack cheese, and then evenly drizzle with whipping cream. Cover with foil, and bake 30 minutes. Take off the foil and bake another 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown. 
Pin It!

25 comments:

  1. Found on Pinterest! I'm doing Weight Watchers and I'm trying to health-ify this recipe because it sounds sooooo good! Would there be any harm in using half and half instead of whipping cream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there would be any harm in that at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today is Day #1 of Pinterest and after looking over all the chicken recipes I settled on this one - very excited it eat tonight! Just finished cooking the chicken and had to get on the computer in order to let it rest for 10 minutes or else I would have been eating it since it smells so good.

    Thanks for the recipe and the step-by-step!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you....so much... I made enchiladas over the weekend and I am such a white girl that I used flour tortillas instead of corn cuz that's how I roll and my Hispanic honey loves it..... but his Hispanic family had some things to say about them not being corn....so thank you for using flour tortillas and making me feel like but such an alone white girl lol.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Want my friends to try it,because I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband hates tomatoes is there any way I could get the taste without the tomatoes? Could I drain the rotel and double it maybe? No idea but want this to work haha thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may be because it is late, but I don't understand the question! :)

      Delete
    2. I hate tomatoes as well. I used Ortega taco sauce so it's still slightly spicy, but not tomatoey! Still tastes great!

      Delete
    3. Maybe using green chillis, would ad a little bit of the zing that comes from the rotel. Just a thought :)

      Delete
  7. I have it cooking now and I didn't use rotel. My husband and I dont like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just made these after my neighbor told me she got the recipe from her daughter. Love the recipe, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I honestly don't know! If you try it, and it works out, let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forgot to put in whipping cream and put it in half way through we will see how it goes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I only put half of the whipping cream in considering it didn't have that long to bake, it was a nine not a ten like usually. The tortillas were harder than usual it still tasted delicious

      Delete
  11. I have this in the oven now. Leave it to me to goof up, though...I rolled the filled tortillas up like burritos instead of enchiladas. I stabbed theclosed ends of the enchiladas with a fork as soon as I realized my mistake. I'm hoping they will still turn out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, they did turn out in spite of the fact that I rolled them wrong. However I really thought they were WAY too bland as written. My teenage daughter, who likes her food very bland said they were "ok", but that the chicken in them was good.

      I would do the chicken filling again, but would need a different enchilada recipe. Maybe corn tortillas, extra heat, no cream on top.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, if you like heat, try the hotter Rotel and/or blend up some chipotle peppers and put them in the filling.

      Delete
  12. I have these cooking now, only problem is I can't get them to brown as pretty as yours... Is it my oven or what?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may be your oven. The oven in my new house is an older oven, so we have to add about 5 degrees to the temperature. If you cook it a little longer, it will probably brown for you. You could even try letting it sit under the broiler a minute or two.

      Delete
  13. I'm making these tonight. So excited! I have yet to find a chicken enchilada recipe I love but the comments give me much hope on this one. I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm making these again for the second time tonight after my neighbor told me of the recipe a while back. I love the recipe. My only alter is that Iusually have frozen chicken so I simmer it in a bit of water with taco seasoning, cumin, salt, garlic powder, and chili powder; fork shred it, then put it back in to simmer for a few. Gives the chicken a bit more flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I made this recipe tonight and my fiance said it tastes better than Mexican restaurants food. I really enjoyed it too! I used reduced fat cream cheese to cut back on fat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there! I was wondering if these could be made with corn tortillas rather than flour? I can't have flour bc of Celiac Disease. Please answer asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i made them last night with corn tortillas ,, worked just find,, soften them up in micro, with wet paper towels first

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...