Sunday, July 1, 2012

Tip: How to Prevent Cleaning a George Foreman Grilling Machine (But Still Get to Use It!)

We have a George Foreman Grill (A Lean, Mean, Fat-Reducing Grilling Machine). The reason I love it so much is that I have a sunlight allergy so grilling outdoors is not pleasant for me unless it is night time. We have had this George Foreman Grill for several years. I love the way it makes food taste, but I hate to clean it. These days you can buy ones that allow the grill pans to pop out so that they can be washed in the dishwasher. Mine is not like that. It is a pain to clean. Is there anyone else out there who feels my pain?

My dad was really sweet to order another one that he thought would allow us to pop out the grill pans for the dishwasher. When we opened the box, though, it was the same one we already had! We have not attempted to buy another one :).

I finally found a way to use mine WITHOUT HAVING TO CLEAN IT! Here are the steps:
Step One: Before you turn it on, cover the bottom part in aluminum foil. Crimp around the back and sides (but let it hang off), and then let the bottom hang over the side. Pat to conform the aluminum to the shape of the machine, but do not poke any holes in it. 

Step Two: Take a sheet of aluminum foil that is a little longer than the machine, and lightly lay it against the top part of the machine.

Note: I know that plate looks weird. We lost the little tray that catches the drippings a long time ago. I just push a plate up against and up under the machine where the little tray is supposed to go.

Step Three: (Not pictured) Spray aluminum foils with cooking spray.

Step Four: Set the top piece of foil aside, and plug in the machine.

Step Five: When the machine is hot enough, lay whatever you are cooking on the bottom part.

Step Six: Lay the foil you set aside on top of what you are cooking, cooking spray side down.

Step Seven: Cook until you are through. Then discard the leftover foil! (Sorry for the blurry, blurry picture!)


Pin It!


  1. Duh!! Why didn't I think of that? I love my George but hate to clean it. lol Problem solved...thanks.

  2. Hey, I found this blog very well designed and informative as well. We manufacture and supply different kind of Aluminum Machines in very low cost.
    Thanks for sharing this blog with us.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...